Customers who are handled in a friendly and efficient manner will have a positive first impression. If things are managed badly there will be a breakdown of trust, damaged relationships and possibly lost business. The ability to communicate in a prompt, friendly and professional manner is essential to create the right impression and getting your message across.
The training course about developing effective telephone skills will enable delegates to develop or refresh the techniques and skills required to make and take calls effectively. They will learn and practice methods for giving and receiving information logically and clearly, building rapport and dealing with difficult callers. Role-play will be used with real life examples to ensure the course is relevant and applicable.
Once the course is completed the participants will be able to:
- understand the importance of the telephone in delivering exceptional customer service;
- gain enhanced key skills in assertiveness, listening and dealing with challenging callers;
- deal with callers in a professional, efficient manner;
- create the right impression of yourself and your company and present an image of total customer care;
- communicate confidently and handle customer calls with courtesy, enthusiasm and friendly efficiency;
- handle calls in a structured way, project professionalism in words and voice and speak with clarity;
- manage difficult and aggressive customers and resolve problems successfully;
- ask the right questions, listen and deal with enquiries, messages and complaints effectively;
- close calls by summarizing outcomes and agreed actions with the caller and by recording details.