One of the most crucial and challenging tasks for managers is to assign the work among the employees they manage and supervise. A lot of managers and supervisors frequently complain that they have too much to do and too little time to do it. In time, if not dealt with, this feeling leads to stress and ineffectiveness. In many cases, executives could greatly reduce their stress level by practising a critical management skill – delegation.
This one-day course is designed to give you the confidence and skills you need to delegate tasks and responsibilities productively and constructively.
Once the course is completed the participants will be able to:
- select the right tasks for delegation;
- plan the delegation process to minimise the risks;
- adapt the delegation plan to suit the development level of the person you delegate to;
- brief tasks with clarity and precision;
- monitor progress;
- release your own time for more strategic work and personal development;
- use delegation to trigger motivation and commitment;
- use delegation to raise standards in the team.