In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
This Finding Solutions workshop will give participants an overview of the entire creative problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that they can use every day.
Once the program is completed the participants will be able to:
- Have a greater understanding of problems & the creative problem solving process
- Learn what types of information to gather with some key questions
- Use four different problem definition tools
- Learn to write concrete problem statements
- Master idea generating tools like affinity diagrams, word chaining, the box method, the six thinking hats & the blink method
- Learn to evaluate potential solutions against specific criteria like a cost/benefit analysis or group voting
- Learn to perform a final analysis and selecting a solution
- Gain insight into the roles that facts & intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand the why’s & how’s of refining & re-refining a shortlist
- Learn how to identify the tasks & resources necessary to implement a solution
- Understand how to evaluate & adapt solutions to reality